FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsewer line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
a walton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: sewer line
    Posted: 31-Aug-2001 at 6:11pm
have installed a sewer line in a mojular home and would like to know the drop in inches to the septic line. Should the line hold water or be dry when water is put through it. I have a leak and water drips most of the time I know I need to re plumb but not sure how much drop in inches in the line. about 24' from 1st hook up to main septic line
Spook View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2001 at 2:23am
Seems like you should have employed a professional plumber to install that line.
Pipepusher View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2001 at 4:33pm
Spook I would have to agree with you.It always costs more to do it over again.
John Aldrich View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2001 at 8:01am
a walton,
>have installed a sewer line in a mojular home and would like to know the drop in inches to the septic line.<

The minimum slope in the sewer pipe is defined in the plumbing code in force in your specific jurisdiction. Generally though, most codes require at least a 1/8 inch drop per foot of 3-inch or, 4-inch sewer pipe. So, that is 1-inch of drop for every 8-feet of run. Check the local code and install the pipeline to the specifications defined therein.

>Should the line hold water or be dry when water is put through it.<

The purpose of a minimum slope in a gravity sewer pipeline is so that water will not remain in the pipe.

>I have a leak and water drips most of the time I know I need to re plumb but not sure how much drop in inches in the line.<

If you are using PVC, or ABS plastic DWV (Drain, Waste, and Vent) pipe, be sure to clean thoroughly all glue surfaces with the appropriate solvent/cleaner, and follow precisely the instructions on the container of cement. Attention to detail will prevent leaks in the future.

>about 24' from 1st hook up to main septic line<

Seems like the MINIMUM fall in the sewer pipeline is 3". The slope of the finished pipeline could be, and probably will be, greater than 1/8 inch per foot (up to vertical), but it can not be less than this grade. Again, check the local plumbing code to see what slope is required, it may be 1/4 inch per foot in some jurisdictions.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic